Monday, July 11, 2011

No Such Thing As Luck

Lately I've been praying for God to use me in some way to impact someone's life or use me to complete His work. Last night and tonight, my prayer was answered. Last night, I had the strangest feeling to text a complete stranger whom I've never even really met before. We sort of talked earlier that day but we never really had the chance to formally introduce ourselves to one another. After I had texted her, we hit it off pretty great. We started talking and then she said something that would later loop this whole story together later. She said to me: "Well you've certainly made my night better". At the time I thought it was just a mere compliment with no real meaning behind it, but later I would soon find out the it was a meaning I had overlooked.

Tonight we began texting again, and she finally decided to share with me what had been bothering her for a while now. She began to tell me about some trust issues she had been having and how much it had been bothering her. I began to pour into her life and gave her my views on the matter, she then began to tell me how much I had helped her and then said to me: "Last night I was in a horrible mood, but you just texted me out of no where and made my whole night better". She never hinted that she was in a horrible mood that night, and by no circumstance was this coincidence. God directed me to text this stranger that I never knew or met before, and He used me as a vessel to complete His work through me. I was able to bring a smile to someone's face and impact her in a way that reflected the love of God. I am soo humbled and honored that God would use me in this way and just echoes the power of His perfect love. It was a demonstration of His mercy and love, and shows that God is the Sovereign Lord, who controls and directs out lives. Has anything ever happened to you that seemed a little bit TOO much of a coincidence? As I walk with Christ I learn that there is no such thing as luck. Everything happens for a reason and not by chance. I got to experience God tonight just by being obedient and open for Him to use me.

God invites us everyday to be apart of His work. He WANTS to partner with us. That's why He sent his son and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Through a relationship with Jesus, we can come to the Father. With the Holy Spirit we partner with God. Through the entire Bible, God has partnered with us. He partnered with Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt, and spoke to Moses many times. He completed His work through Moses. Throughout the Bible, God spoke in many different ways. In the Old Testament, God spoke through prophets and miraculous signs. Throughout the Gospels, He spoke through His son Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for our sins. In the books of acts, God sent His Holy Spirit to live inside of us for all eternity.

God wants to partner with us everyday so that He can complete His work through us. My belief is that I would give up everything I know and love and own, just to experience God. I would give everything up if it meant at least 1 person came to know Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. As we experience God, we draw closer to Him. Glory be to God for allowing me to impact this person's life. I want when people look at me, they see Jesus. I want to reflect the love and glory of my Father in Heaven soo much, that they want to experience Him. I want God to use me in every way that He sees fit for my life, to advance the Kingdom of Heaven and bring glory to His Holy name in everything that I do.

But, I still have a long way to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers