Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Answering The Call

Over the past couple of months, God has been me to do something that I don't quite understand. I trust in God's leading, but understanding the reasoning behind it is what I struggle with. After my last serious relationship ended in January. I stayed single for a while until I met another girl whom I grown very fond of. She was a believer and was very attractive, both mentally and physically. She was artistic, which is very appealing to me. We began talking and hit it off pretty well, but it just didn't work out and the whole thing ended up pretty horrible afterwards unexpectantly. I met a few other girls and the same thing began to happen and I started noticing a pattern. Either a guy had already beaten me to her, or something would happen to where it just wouldn't work out.

I began to sense that maybe God was calling me to be single, but I didn't know why? It was very frustrating to me because I'm a very affectionate person, and I really don't like being single. But then it began to make sense after a while. I felt that maybe God was calling me to be single to help me focus on other areas of my life, that a relationship would only hinder. Also, that by maybe just by being obedient in God's leading, and trusting in Him even when I don't understand the situation entirely, that I might grow more spiritually in my faith and relationship with God, and by being obedient God would bless me with a relationship with a girl that is compatible with me. I feel that I should focus more on the relationship I have with God rather than a girl because that would mean I am seeking earthly and secular things. Perhaps another reasoning behind this is because God is protecting me from being hurt, or falling into temptation with sin.

My logic and reasoning are nothing compared to the limitless and infallible understanding that God has. As you can see, there are many things behind the reason why God is calling me to be single. Many times have I tried but all opportunities have been closed shut for me. Sometimes God calls us to do things that we don't understand or grasp logically. God might call us to do weird things that make us even question if that is God's direction. The thing we have to realize is that by just being obedient that God shows us His plan for us, and that He will give us the desires of our hearts. We cannot think like God. We cannot fully understand God because if we could then He wouldn't be God if we figured Him out. God's power and wisdom far surpass anything you could possibly comprehend. God knows literally everything at all times. I find a hard time following God's will when I don't understand it, but it takes faith. Faith is believing in what you don't see. You might not be able to see the reason or logic behind it, you might not even see the direction the path might be taking you, but if it is God's will, it is always right, and it is always good.

You can trust in a God who already knew and loved you, and created you before existence was even though of. Being obedient takes faith. Faith is doing something without knowing the result, but trusting in God and His leading. God calls everyone to do something they don't understand. God has called me to ministry, and that was the LAST thing I pictured myself doing.

God might be calling you to do something you don't understand completely, and you might not even be realizing it. I am trusting God in His leading and I am responding to Him by being obedient and waiting for Him to show me the right girl for me. Whatever you sense God calling you to do, pray to God and ask Him to reveal to you His purposes behind whatever it is you feel God calling you to do.

We don't always understand what God wants us to do, but if have true faith in Him, and trust in His leading then we can be obedient and respond to God and grow in our relationship with Him. God uses these crisis of beliefs to teach us something about our character, or even God's character. Perhaps a spiritual truth or principle He wants to instill in you. There could be thousands of reasons, but know we can trust in a God who has purposed everything in your life according to His plan. Have faith, even when you don't fully understand the why behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers