Saturday, July 2, 2011

God of Opportunities

Being in a mentor/leadership role to younger kids can be rewarding, but it can also be stressful at times. God gave me a giving and caring heart, and sometimes I want to take on the problems that every middle school kid that I come into interaction with has. One kid in particular who's name is Cody, reminds me a lot of myself when I was his age. He wants to be a drummer and often looks to me for guidance, sometimes more than just drumming. He needs money for new sticks and I offered to buy him some, without even realizing that if I did, I would have no money to eat with. Sometimes my generosity gets in the way of rational thought.

Then, God showed me a different way to impact his life. We were talking today over facebook chat, and he told me that he has been drumming on a book since he has no money to pay for a drum pad. It came perfectly clear what I had to do next. I just remembered that I still had the very first drum pad that I ever got when I first started drumming. That pad and I go way back and it has some sentimental value to me, but I knew God was giving me a opportunity to impact and pour into Cody's life so I took it. God knew the consequence if I gave Cody my money, so He gave me a different chance to be generous and impact without me going without. It's the perfect balance. God demonstrates His perfect love by providing for me and Cody equally. He allowed me to be generous without suffering.

God really does love me, and this experience with God has brought me closer than ever to the Creator. God does not play favorites

Acts: 10:34 -- "Then Peter began to speak 'I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers