Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Godly Encounter

Last night the most amazing thing happened to me. I invited one of my friends (whom didn't have an intimate relationship with God) to my small group last night. I needed a ride and it was a great opportunity for her to come and get a taste of what my church was all about and meet one of my mentors. On the way over there I learned that she never got baptized. So we talked about it and now she wants to get baptized. Once we got to Roy's small group, she seemed a little out of place, but after we got done she told me she really enjoyed it. I took her to Chik-Fil-A (a very Northstar thing to do) and we had further conversations about life and then we finally got to talking about this guy that she was trying to get with for 4 years. A guy who treated her horribly and used her. I prayed to God to give me the words, and he was faithful. I began saying words that I had no earthly idea where they came from. I began saying things about her life that I didn't know about. She began crying and she asked me "how do you know all this?" I knew about her relationship with her family, best friend. I knew about who she was and her secrets. It's like I knew her inside and out....but the thing is I don't. The Holy Spirit came alive in me last night and I began saying things that would have never come from me. I began telling her about having a personal, intimate relationship with God, for her not to worry and just trust in Him. She said that every thing that I said, I said it as she was thinking it. As if I were reading her mind. It was incredible. She told me I impacted her, and that she wants to follow God. After all this happened, God showed me another amazing thing. My brother went to work but he texted me this:

"If you buy me a bible for Father's Day, I promise I'll read it"

God was sooo faithful and good to me. He came alive in my heart to help impact a girl who needed healing and to hear about God. And then impact my brother who wanted nothing to do with it. God accomplished something in me that I could do alone. God is truly all powerful and He never ceases to amaze me. And He can work through you too, all you have to do is surrender and ask him to come into your life and fill you with the spirit. And I promise you, you'll never be the same again. I am forever changed by this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers