Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Bigger Picture

My whole life, I've been that person who always plans ahead, and thinks for the future. I always think about my life and what it will be like and who I will be with. But God revealed to me that my plans for me are not what He plans for me. You see, I always think or plan ahead but it's the "looking-back-and-seeing-how-I-got-here" I always overlook. I look back at my life and remember my struggle of what I wanted to do for a living. I wanted to be a pharmacist, then a doctor, then a computer engineer, the list goes on. I always THOUGHT about what I wanted to do, but God KNEW what I was created for. God's plan for me is far greater than anything I could ever dream of. God has made it evident to me that I am called into ministry. I only saw from my point of view, I never even thought to look at it from God's point of view. He showed me the bigger picture. That I need to wake up and stop worrying about what I think I should do and trust Him in what He knows what I need to do. If you told me a couple years ago that I would be called into ministry, I'd call you crazy. I also didn't think I would be involved with music. Look at me now. I'm 17, called into ministry and into music. Totally dependent on God. I don't have to worry anymore about what to do with my life. I thought I had no purpose, but God showed me otherwise. Call me naive, but I also thought I knew who I was going to marry. And yes, I've heard the talk that I'm too young more than once. Though I figured that a lot of people marry their high school sweethearts at this age, I mean my parents did, so why not me? We broke up, and it took me a LONG time but God revealed to me that even though He used her in His plan for me, she wasn't for me. Rick Warren said that "God sometimes removes people from your life to protect you from something, don't chase after them". The bottom line? Don't think you know everything because what you think you know may be different than what God KNOWS. Look at it from God's view, and not just your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers