Friday, May 27, 2011

There is no art, only artists?

This has been boggling my brain for the past couple months. No art, only artists? Can such a intrepid statement be soo true, that we've had the wrong idea for centuries? That's like saying there is no Starbucks, only coffee. No color, only what we see. No music, only sound. So, if there is no art only artists, do we make art what it is? Or does art make us make it what it is? Do we conform to what our idea of art is? Or does our own creativity make what others perceive as art? It is like questioning reality. Does who we are make what is existence, or does existence make us who we are? Such rapt thoughts keep me up at night. Even now it is hard to describe what my intention is for your interpretative consumption. I guess it is up to debate and opinion to answer this question: Do artists make the art? Or does the art make the artist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers