Thursday, May 26, 2011

Developing Relationships part 2

Today God has opened another opportunity to build a bond between another person. Today I knew that I was going to work today in the office with Destree, who is a leader in Axis. Now, I knew OF her, but I never really got to KNOW her. I noticed a situation that was evident and felt that I needed to speak with her about it, not only to help her out and reach out to her, but also break the ice as there was an awkward silence in the air. So, as we spoke, we really shared with each other deep, philosophical thoughts and ideas that was really refreshing. I always enjoy a nice deep, meaningful conversation. We really connected and it was just easier to talk to her the more I got to know her. I just hope that I'm a person that she can always share whatever is on her heart, or just a listening ear when she needs it. She has a huge heart and pure spirit, that shines through her personality. I'll be praying for her in her struggles and hope that God opens up to her His unfailing plan to her.

Again, I strongly believe that developing bonds and relationships on a personal basis is vitally important. It's a thing of love. Jesus did that wherever He went. He loved people, he didn't shun the weak, the diseased, the uncool or the broken and lost. He loved people. I think it's time we tear down walls, and start building bridges. I'm happy and thankful for the time talking with Destree, and I only hope I can make more of these trust bonds with other people. Trust is soo hard to come by these days. Trust is more easily lost than given. The absence of integrity in humanity is responsible. People can't trust because people can't be trusted. But, be that as it may, we still need to be open to people, because you just might come across someone who can be trusted.

1 comment:

  1. Trust... that's a hard one. I love the Creativity picture :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers