Monday, May 30, 2011

Lost then found

I wasn't always this Godly
Not even on Sunday
I kept You in the back of my mind
Like a fairy tale
I believed in You
I knew OF You
but I wasn't after Your heart
I didn't know You, as I know You now
I went my own way
made my fair share of stupid mistakes
Lost myself
the world left me cold and broken
battered and bruised
empty and lonely
I was at my worst
yet, You saw me in my best
You found me
When I lost myself
You loved me
when no one cared
You saved me
from a life filled with sin
You redeemed me
You knew who I was
when I haven't had the slightest clue who
I thought I had no purpose
Yet, You saw potential in me
You lifted me in Your arms
and held me close
You took my death
and gave me life again
I am reborn
through You
You brought me to Your home
I now call my own
A guiding light
with people I now call my family
People who love me
Not for what I was
but for who I am
Same love You showed me
You showed me
opened my eyes
I know You now
Savior Lord
Christ
Son of God
My King
I was lost
yet You found me
Jesus, You are my virtue
You are my king
Christ, You are my love
Savior, You have saved me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers