Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Looking for love...in all the wrong places

Ever think that God sometimes speaks through music? As a musician, God knows that He can my attention through music because I have a deep connection to it and I'm always vibing to some song. Lately I've been struggling with relationships, friend and "girl" friend wise, more focused however on the "girl" friend aspect however. I've been trying and trying again but it seems that nothing seems to work out for me. I prayed that God would speak to me last night in my devotional (the first devotional I've had in about 2 weeks) and reveal to me his purposes. This morning, I had a sudden feeling to listen to "By Your Side" by Tenth Avenue North. It's funny because I haven't really listened to that song it a while, and it collects virtual dust in my ipod. As I was listening, all the lyrics really fuzzed out, but this verse is what caught my attention:

"Why are you looking for love? Why are you searching as if I'm not enough? To where will you go child? Tell me where will you run? To where will you run?"

The whole time I was looking for a girlfriend, I was neglecting God. I thought more of a female relationship than my relationship with Lord Jesus. In my devotional it says that when God says He's going to do something, He guarantees it's going to happen, and that "IT" never works, HE works. The "IT" being a system or way of doing something. I can't replace God with other things. Although I feel really convicted about this, there was another verse that comforted me, and last night, I prayed that God would show me that everything was alright:

"Cause, I love you. I want you to know that I love you, I'll never let you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers