Sunday, August 14, 2011

God Speaks

A couple blogs ago, I spoke about relationships and feeling called to be single. Now, I realize that it's more real than I had originally anticipated. God spoke to me the other night in a devotional, and it rang so clear to me, it was almost as if that He was speaking audibly and directly to me, and no one else. I study a daily devotional called "Experiencing God" and that night, I experienced Him in such a way that I never have before. I would always speculate or doubt if God was speaking or not, but this time was different. I was 100% positive. It was crazy, I remember reading over the words and then it hit me, I thought it was someone playing a joke on me. I stopped and went "Woah dude...this is nuts". I never heard God speak to me so clear and plain. It was a magnificent feeling that I could never really express to you in words. My mind was blown, my emotions were spinning. At that moment, I realized that God doesn't always have to be so clear in His ways and purposes, but when He does, He changes you. Whenever He decides to reveal Himself to you, He wants You to do something. God doesn't speak, just to hear Himself speak. He has a plan for you to fill out. This is true all throughout the bible. Moses, Joshua, David, Abraham, Jonah, Paul etc, everyone God spoke to had a purpose and plan for them.

Many times, I've tried to get around something that I wasn't exactly sure if God was telling me to do it or not. Today, and even many times before, He made it plain and clear to me but I just wasn't conscientious at the time. I strongly believe God is calling me to be single. Why? I have no earthly idea, but Pastor Roy once told me: "If you could fathom God, or even understand Him within the depths of your own mind, and figure everything there is about Him, then He wouldn't be God".
Obedience, utter and total surrender to doing God's will, and not your own, requires you to go down a path that you might not understand or even see. True faith, is a hard thing to come by for every Christian, we're so used to relying on others or our own understanding and sight, that we become dependent on the very things that let us all down.

Being single, requires the strength to not rely on others to give you happiness and joy. I may or may not be single forever, but if that is God's will for me, then that is where I want to be. There is a greater joy in knowing that my God and my savior Jesus Christ loves me, than anything this world could ever offer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.facebook.com/zachery.conn

Followers